If you see corrupted files having ‘.Wallet’ extension on your PC then take necessary action against the infection as soon as possible. There is a new ransomware named .Wallet File Virus Ransomware is in the wild. It may have compromised your system in order to collect ransom fee while keeping your encrypted files as hostage. We suggest you to read the article carefully and follow the provided instruction to eliminate the ransomware and recover corrupted files.
What Does .Wallet File Virus Analysis Report Reveals
Early in November a new crypo-virus – .Wallet File Virus Ransomware is unleashed which is suspected to be a new variant of Crysis ransomware since the decryption of encoded files seem nearly impossible without a proper per PC-based password. The ransomware in new in the world of cyber crime where a million of threats are already active. Though, to make it a nightmare of PC users, the authors of .Wallet File Virus Ransomware is using every possible distribution technique to spread the infection globally. As we all know, hard work pays off, whether it is legal or illegal, hence, the authors are also getting quick response. We saw that victims are reporting all over the security blog to get some helps in order to terminate the infection.
This ransomware has new mechanism that is capable of combining AES and RSA encryption standards in order to encrypt victims data. So that, decryption will become impossible and the victims will get no choice rather than purchasing decryption key from the authors. This is how, they boost up their monthly revenue. But if you are even a little bit curious, you can get rid of it using alternative guide created by our team. But first you need to know some highlights about the infection the next time you don’t repeat the same mistake.
Highlights of .Wallet File Virus Ransomware infection
- After successful encryption, .Wallet File Virus appends ‘.wallet’ extension in the name of each encrypted file which is also its signature that reports your PC has been infected.
- Since the ransomware is new, security experts are still working on it, may be in future they will release a free decryption tool but as of now, you have an alternative way to recover your files, find it in the article.
However, before you start recovering your files, we suggest you to uninstall .Wallet File Virus Ransomware first from your affected PC. Follow the guide given below:
Method To Remove .Wallet File Virus Ransomware from the infected PC
Step 1: Remove .Wallet File Virus Ransomware in Safe Mode from Command Prompt.
- You need to disconnect your system from the network connections.
- Press the Restart button and keep tapping F8 key continuously.
- Windows Advanced option menu will appear on the screen.
- From the list, you should choose “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and hit Enter key.
- To get full privilege, you should login from the Administrator in the system.
- Type “rstrui.exe” in the command prompt and press Enter key.
- Complete the system restore process by following the prompts which will appear on your screen.
Step 2: Delete .Wallet File Virus Ransomware in Safe Mode using MSConfig
- Restart your system.
- During the booting process, you need to click on F8 key. It will open Windows Advanced Options menu.
- Choose “Safe mode” option using the Arrow keys and press Enter.
- After starting the system, click on the Start button and type “msconfig” in the search box.
- Click on the Startup tab. Look for the suspicious files using rundll32.exe.
- Eg: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe C:\Users\username\appdata\local\temp\regepqzf.dll,H1N1
- Select the malicious entries related to .Wallet File Virus Ransomware and click on Disable button.
- Now, restart your PC.
Step 3: End fake process related to .Wallet File Virus Ransomware from the Task Manager
- Hold Alt + Ctrl + Del keys together to open the task manager.
- Click on Processes tab and look for the fake process which are related to .Wallet File Virus Ransomware.
- Select the unwanted process and finally click on End Process option.
Step 4: Remove .Wallet File Virus Ransomware From the Windows Registry Editor.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type “regedit” in the search box and hit Enter key.
- Select the fake entries which are related to .Wallet File Virus Ransomware and click on Remove button.
After following all these steps, you will be able to remove the presence of .Wallet File Virus Ransomware completely from the PC. But still if you detect any alert or ransom messages from the threat then you need to make use of powerful Windows Scanner.
If you have kept the backup copy of your important files, then you can format the PC and re-install the Windows operating system. It will delete all the files including .Wallet File Virus Ransomware. After this process, your computer will be empty and you can restore the files using the back up copy. But if you don’t have back up of your important documents then .Wallet File Virus Ransomware Scanner will be the best option for you. It will help you to remove the threat completely from the system.
If you get any trouble while using the software or removing the threats then you can Ask any question from the experts. They will provide instant support to solve your problems.