Somehow, My stored data and files are locked by Nemesis ransomware. When I tried to open any files, hackers requires 10 BTC as a ransom amount. Is it possible to decrypt files without paying ransom money? If so, please suggest me an effective solution quickly to get my files and PC back in normal mode.
Summary of Nemesis ransomware:
|Threat’s Name||Nemesis ransomware|
|Brief Note||Encrypts your all System files by using strong encryption algorithm and ask to pay the ransom amount.|
|Distribution Method||Spam Email campaigns, torrent files, freeware and shareware packages, infected external devices etc.|
Information About Nemesis ransomware
Nemesis ransomware is a file-encrypting malware which belongs to the ransomware family. This variant of ransomware has been released by the same hackers who continuously terrorize with @india.com viruses. Similar to other traditional ransomware, it encrypts user’s files and asks for the ransom money. The creators of this ransomware use strong AES-256 encryption algorithm to lock the files and generate a complex key. You can easily identify the encrypted files of this ransomware because it appends .v8dp file extension at the end of the file.
Screenshot of message which used by Nemesis ransomware
On the completion of encryption procedure, hackers ask the user to pay 10 BTC as a ransom amount to get the decryption key or tool. Most of the Computer users easily get ready to deal with hackers and make payment. But they do not have an idea that they will not provide any decryption tool even paying off the ransom amount. Thus, it is recommended by an expert that user needs to delete Nemesis ransomware from their compromised machine rather than paying off the ransom money.
How does PC get infected with Nemesis ransomware?
According to the malware researchers, Nemesis ransomware is mainly spread via spam emails or trojans. When you open, access or respond any message or mail attachments that come from the unknown senders then it secretly get installed on your PC without your awareness. Beside this, it can also attacks on your PC via drive-by-downloads, infected removable devices, P2P file sharing network, exploit kits etc. The distribution channels of this domain are different but the main source remains same that is the Internet.
How To Protect PC Against Nemesis ransomware?
After getting knowledge about the intrusion method of Nemesis ransomware, you can easily avoid it by taking some prevention measures which are as follows:
- Do not click on the NEXT button in hurry at the time of installation.
- Choose always Custom/Advanced installation mode in place of Typical/Default.
- Do not open any messages or mail attachments that sent from the unverified sources or locations.
- Scan your external devices each time before using them.
- Download and install a trusted anti-virus tool and update it regularly.
Manual Approach To Remove Nemesis ransomware From Windows Computer
Step 1 : Start PC With Safe Mode
- Restart your computer by making a click on Restart button.
- During the process of restart, press F8 continuously.
- With the help of arrow key, click on “Safe Mode With Networking” from boot menu.
- Now, your PC will start in Safe Mode.
Step 2 : From Task Manager, End Nemesis ransomware Related Processes
- From your keyboard, press Alt + Ctrl + Del all together.
- You will see Task Manager window will get appeared on your PC screen.
- Now, move to Process Tab and search for Processes related with Nemesis ransomware.
- To clock that task, simply click on “End Task” button.
Step 3 : Uninstall Nemesis ransomware From Control Panel
- Click on Start menu and then open Control Panel.
- From the Program category, move to Uninstall a Program option.
- Now, from the list, choose all Nemesis ransomware related programs and then click on “Uninstall” button.
- Click on the Search button on the right edge of the screen and then type Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- From the Program list, select program related to Nemesis ransomware and then hit on “Uninstall” button.
- Hit on Start button and from the Search box, search for Control Panel.
- Move to Program and choose Uninstall a Program option.
- Choose unwanted programs added by Nemesis ransomware and click on “Uninstall” button.
Step 4 : Remove Nemesis ransomware Related Registries From Windows Registry Editor
- To open Run box, press Win + R button together.
- In the Run dialog box, type “regedit” and then hit OK.
- Now, choose all Nemesis ransomware related registries and Remove them from PC completely.
Step 5 : Delete Nemesis ransomware From msconfig
- Press Win + R button to open Run command box.
- In the Run box, type “msconfig” and then hit Enter.
- Now, open Startup Tab, and then uncheck all the entries which are from unknown manufacturer.
I hope you guys have must solved your system issues and have removed Nemesis ransomware completely from your windows by following above mentioned processes stepwise. If you still find this infection inside your PC, then you may got for malware removal tool which is best to be used. It is one of the most easiest way to delete all malware infections from windows computer system effectively. Download Free Nemesis ransomware Scanner to perform scanning of your PC. It can easily detect and remove dangerous threat from PC.
If you have any type of queries left in your mind related to system problem, feel free to ask our experts. They will happily solve your issues in just few time.