Technical Details on ScanGuard.exe
It runs malicious codes onto the system in order to provide unauthorized access to the criminal hackers.
Performance degradation of infected PC, Other malware attacks, Display fake error warnings, Alter crucial system settings, Adding up start up codes onto registry editor and Identity theft.
Detection or Removal Method:
Follow the instructions given below in this article and it will help you to delete ScanGuard.exe completely from your machine.
What do you know about ScanGuard.exe?
ScanGuard.exe is identified as a malware which covers itself as a legitimate executable file that interprets packages and install unwanted applications. Cyber hackers attempt to avoid the detection of installed anti-virus tool and trick computer users by giving a rogue program in the same name of few other legit softwares. When you search on the Google for the word ‘ScanGuard.exe’, you are introduced with a list of results saying that it is a legit Windows program.
In this kind of situation, the file location of this malware (C:\Users\[User name]\ScanGuard.exe) clearly shows that it simulates to be something that it is not. This malicious process downloads additional nasty threats and viruses onto your compromised machine. Even if you remove it manually, it may appear on your system just after you restart your PC. That is why, it is strongly recommended to scan your machine with a reputable and trustworthy anti-malware application in order to eliminate ScanGuard.exe completely and permanently from your infected system.
Moreover, it is a malware file which adds its harmful code onto the legitimate Windows processes such as svhost.exe and explorer.exe that are highly sensitive as well. Interruption by the malicious code might interfere those highly sensitive processes and thus lead to the computer freeze. Attachment of malicious processes onto legitimate and critical computer processes distributes number of harmful processes which try to contact a specific PC and block a system user from accessing particular files, folders and websites. Therefore, in order to protect your critical machine processes from disordering and also prevent spreading of malicious sub-processes, infected PC users should uninstall ScanGuard.exe as quickly as possible.
Manual Steps To Remove ScanGuard.exe
Step 1 >> How to Start Windows in Safe Mode to Take ScanGuard.exe Off
Step 2 >> How To View Hidden Components of ScanGuard.exe
Uncover ScanGuard.exe components On Windows XP
- Close all running programs and Click On “Start” menu
- Now click on “My Computer“
- Now click on “Tools” from menu bar
- Navigate to “Folder Options…“
- Click on the View tab
- Enable the Radio button Associated to “Show hidden files and folders” under Advance Settings.
- Uncheck the box below to “Unhide extensions for known file type“.
- Click on “OK”, now you can see all hidden files and folders with their respective extensions.
- Now you can proceed with further steps to remove ScanGuard.exe
Unhide ScanGuard.exe files on Windows Vista
- Click on Start Menu located in lower left corner in the Taskbar.
- Click on “Computer” into Start menu
- In the upcoming window, Click on “Organize” drop down box.
- Select “Folder and Search Options”
- In the next pop-up window, click on “View” tab
- Click the Radio Button for enable “Show hidden files and folders”
- In the same window also unmark “Hide extensions for known file types”
- Click on Apply and then “OK”
- These steps will allow you to view hidden files and folders created by malware.
Also know “How to expose hidden ScanGuard.exe files and folders” in Windows 7/8/10.
Note : – It is mandatory to unmask hidden files and folders created by the malware in order to search and delete them all manually from your your computer.
Step 3 >> Stop ScanGuard.exe From Windows Startup And Bring out Host IP
- Click on Start menu and click RUN, or use Keyboard shortcut Windows + R
- In the Run Box, type “msconfig” and press Enter, this will pop-up a System Configuration window.
- Click on “Startup” tab
- In the Stratup items search ScanGuard.exe related and all other unrecognized programs.
- After removing Malicious programs from Windows Startup, Now check Host Name and IP created by virus.
- Copy + Paste “notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts” to run in the Run box.
- This will open a note pad file with name of additional host IP if your computer has infected with ScanGuard.exe.
- Run the notepad file again with full control of the file change permission.
- Delete additional Host name and save the file.
Step 4 >> How to Kill ScanGuard.exe From Task Manager
- Use Alt + Ctrl + Del key combination to launch Windows Task Manager.
- Click on Processes Tab
- Select malicious processes and click on End task
Step 5 >> How to Delete ScanGuard.exe Related Registry Entries
- Click Windows + R key to launch Run box.
- Type “regedit.exe” and hit enter.
- Now Find and search registry entries created by threat and cautiously delete it.
- You have an alternative to perform all these manual tasks easily by automatic scanner tool which can you get free by following download link.
Also submit your queries and let us know in case you are having some problem. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!